It seems like when someone is looking into buying a mill they spend most of the time - maybe 75% - questioning us about the mill, and 25% of the time talking about the CAM software. But when they train with someone on our technical support team, they find out that it's actually the opposite - 75% of the training is on the software and 25% on the mill.
The most popular industry-leading mills over the last few years have been the DWX mills from Roland. With those mills, we bundle the MillBox CAM software from CIMsystem, because of its quality, ease-of-use and popularity. This month I thought we're taking a look at all the features that CIMsystem has added to its MillBox software over the last couple of years.
For those of you that may not be aware, MillBox is the software that grew out of Sum3D. CIMsystem did a fantastic job of making the software extremely easy to use and very intuitive. Before we look at some of the updates added in 2019 and 2020, I would like to take a look at some of the differences of the original Sum3D software versus the newer MillBox software.
A few of the features that MillBox offers that Sum3D did not, include the following:
- Move the restorations with 1 click instead of 5 clicks!
- Undo/Redo buttons
- Easier and faster procedures/movements means easier control of your material and your restoration.
- CIMsystem has made 809 improvements to MillBox alone since Jan 1st 2017.
- All restoration types are unlocked.
- MillBox can load up to 14 files for importing at the same time.
- MillBox analyzes existing materials and will try to suggest the disc with the least amount of space remaining that can still fit all of the restorations that have been imported in the job.
Now that we have looked at a few of the differences between MillBox and Sum3D, let’s take a look at what they have added in the last couple of years.
These are only a few of the changes between MillBox and Sum3D. I know a lot of people didn’t update their Sum3D license, but on top of the new user interface, MillBox is a lot more efficient than Sum3D. CIMsystem has made it very easy to get current on your license and upgrade to MillBox. If you are interested in seeing a demonstration of MillBox, let us know and we will get something scheduled.