Few technologies have experienced the rate of growth 3D printing has in the dental laboratory industry. The reasons are obvious. 3D printing offers increased accuracy and faster seat times. By fully digitizing your dental laboratory’s workflow, you can now produce highly detailed models and crown and bridgework more efficiently and accurately for the growing number of doctors that are using an intraoral scanner (IOS).
Aside from printing models and crown and bridge patterns, 3D printing can be used for the fabrication of custom impression trays, surgical guides, splints, patterns for partial frameworks and FDA approved temporary crowns and bridges.
But is it all worth your laboratory investing in the capital expense and the training of your technicians yet? In a word, YES! In today's dental climate, it is more important than ever for the lab to partner with its clients and help them in new and exciting ways that make it easier for them to excel in the very competitive marketplace. 3D printing is an incredible tool that allows the lab to do that and more!!
To determine what you need to know to commit your business to move into the world of 3D printing, watch the 2-part webinar series entitled Expanding Your Lab's Services with 3D Printing.
Things you’ll learn:
- All the different 3D printing technologies available today
- What questions you need to ask yourself in order to buy the right printer
- What new terminology you’ll need to understand
- The important technical specifications that will fit the needs of your lab
- The differences between resin 3D printing materials
- How to avoid making very expensive mistakes