These are trying times for everyone, and if you are working from home either by choice or requirement, there are some things that you can do to take advantage of the extra time you have. Lots of people and companies have posted some of what I have listed here, but Whip Mix can play an important role in your mental well-being.
But first, take care of yourself physically.
- Exercise several times a day for short periods to keep your blood flowing and bringing much needed oxygen to your body’s muscles. This will keep you energetic, awake and your mind clear.
- Start your day like you are going to work. Set your alarm for the same time you do every work day. Get up, shower and dress the way you would normally. This maintains your circadian rhythm and ensures that your body and mind is at its peak performance level.
- Don’t overeat, just because the refrigerator is close! It’s pretty easy to snack your way through the day when you’re at home.
- Get a good chair. If you’re not comfortable, you won’t work well.
- Separate yourself from your family. It’s very easy to start being a mom or dad while you’re at home during the day. Those duties are important, but they can easily distract you from the reason you are working from home.
- Get up and move around every 20-30 minutes or so. Get the blood flowing. You’ll be more creative!
- Take periodic breaks. Give your eyes a rest and your mind a break!
- Take advantage of the time and Learn! Learn! Learn! Whip Mix has provided a veritable smorgasbord of education opportunities for you to enhance your skills, enhance your value at the lab, and enhance your earning power.
Continuing education is available on WhipMix.com just waiting for you. Watch and learn for CE credit or to expand your knowledge and growth into the digital age of dentistry.
Go to www.whipmix.com for:
- Weekly Blogs on countless dental subjects.
- Webinars that are delivered by industry experts. The one-hour long presentations are on our website, but also on our YouTube channel.
- eBooks which can expose you to products and specific techniques from A-Z
- Videos that cover a multitude of techniques.
- Manuals to ensure you understand exactly how a product should work.
- Sales Literature to help you make wise purchase decisions.
- Parts lists in case something you own needs special attention.
- FAQ’s to find answers to some of those questions that have been mulling around in your mind for some time.
Don’t waste your time during this crazy stay-at-home period. Expand your knowledge. Open your horizons. Improve yourself. We’re all in this together and Whip Mix is happy to be of help to you in any way we can. See you sometime soon again!